Benefits Military Spouses Receive After Divorce
You’re married to a U.S. military service member but you’re about to get a divorce. What benefits are you still entitled to receive from the U.S. Government as a former military spouse, even after the divorce finalizes? In this video, I go over healthcare, your military spouse’s retirement pay and disability pay, and access to military installations’ Commissaries, Exchanges, and other morale, welfare, and recreation (MWR) facilities. I also go over how legal separation plays into all of this, including your ability to live on base and your right to access support services that are available to military dependents. AND I let you know what could cause you to stop receiving these post-divorce benefits.
0:59 Military Spouse’s Retirement Pay and Disability Pay/VA Benefits
1:59 20/20/20 Rule
2:45 20/20/15 Rule
3:15 Effects of Divorce on Military Children’s Benefits
3:34 If 20/20/20 and 20/20/15 Don’t Apply to You
4:05 If You’re Legally Separated
– Divorce in the Military: Can My Spouse Take My Military Retirement or VA Disability Benefits? https://youtu.be/kaLjx4tx96k
– Raising Children in the Military + Mil-to-Mil Relationships | Military Families https://youtu.be/Fsv22f6bkt4
– Tips for Being Stationed Overseas in the Military | OCONUS PCS https://youtu.be/WXixT3DWWUU
– How to Get Rich with the TSP in 1 Enlistment | Military Retirement | TSP Tips https://youtu.be/wnqfAjzvF0U
– Top Myths about Joining the Air Force | Misconceptions about the Air Force https://youtu.be/ofI18Izoz9M
– Top Ways Airmen Get in TROUBLE / KICKED OUT of Air Force BMT and TECH SCHOOL | Air Force https://youtu.be/32ulC9GMSFo
– 3 Traits You Need to Be Successful in the Military | Do Not Join the Military Unless… https://youtu.be/diu6NHfpYc0
This channel provides information on military lifestyles, particularly to those interested in joining, to those who have family who have served or are currently serving, and to all other civilians who may be interested in getting a peak into a typical service member’s life. This channel also provides tips personal development, and advice about living and working abroad.
Please make sure to comment, like, and subscribe. Thanks for stopping by!
Contact: ContactAshleyNoelle@gmail.com (for business inquiries ONLY)
GEAR I USE:
📸 Camera – Sony A6600: https://amzn.to/347wZ0h
📷 Camera Lens – Sigma 16mm f/1.4: https://amzn.to/3er8JrP
💡 Main Light – RaLeno LED: https://amzn.to/3EyqQGO
💡 Colored Ambient Light – IVISII G2 Pocket RGB: https://amzn.to/3HgYLFB
🎤 Wireless Microphone – Rode Wireless Go: https://amzn.to/3z1UAL7
💾 Camera Memory Card – SanDisk Extreme Pro: https://amzn.to/3sC08L9
💾 Portable SSD – Samsung T5 Portable SSD: https://amzn.to/3Ful1vj
🔋 Backup Camera Batteries: https://amzn.to/3exsH3Y
Small Camera Mount: https://amzn.to/3HbVgQO
Versatile Camera Mount: https://amzn.to/3HiDuvu
📈 YouTube Analytics: https://www.tubebuddy.com/AshleyNoelle
🎵 Music: https://www.epidemicsound.com/referral/8b2fku/
– Some of the links included in the description may be affiliate links, which means that I will make a small commission on sales made using the links. There is absolutely no additional cost to you when making a purchase using the links or promotional codes I provide. It’s just another way to help support me in making this channel better. Thanks!
– Although I am a licensed attorney, the videos on this channel are for entertainment purposes only. I am not providing legal advice nor am I forming an attorney-client relationship with any viewer through these videos. If any viewer is in need of legal counsel, they are encouraged to seek assistance from an attorney familiar with their personal circumstances.
– Opinions are my own and do not represent the United States Air Force, the United States Department of Defense, or Peace Corps. This channel adheres to AFI 1-1 and the USAF Social Media Policy.
#AshleyNoelle #militaryspouse #militarydivorce
military spouse, military wife, military spouse benefits, military benefits, military wife advice, military divorce, military divorce lawyer, army wife, navy wife, military divorce attorney, military spouse tag, military spouse life, military family, married in the military, marine wife, air force spouse, air force wife, va disability compensation, air force bmt, army bmt, basic training, army spouse, what you should know about being milspo, benefits of an army wife, military dependent, marine corps wife advice, marine corps spouse, navy wife advice, divorce military spouse benefits