Get Financial Disclosures Under Oath: #1 Big Divorce Mistake

Get Financial Disclosures Under Oath: #1 Big Divorce Mistake

Obtaining financial disclosures under oath from your spouse is a great first step. That can be in response to interrogatories or an affidavit. If a divorcing spouse lies under oath, that will help make a better case for relief from the court. Discovery is discussed at length in The Forensic Accounting Deskbook: A Practical Guide to Financial Investigation and Analysis for Family Lawyers, Second Edition, authored by Miles Mason, Sr. JD, CPA and published by the ABA Family Law Section:

Learn more about Miles Mason, Sr. JD, CPA, divorce attorney in Memphis:

View the Forensic Accounting category on our Tennessee Family Law Blog:

Thank you to Tracy Coenen, CPA, CFF for inviting me to join her in this video series. Tracy is a forensic accountant in Milwaukee and Chicago. Learn more about her practice:

We are divorce and family lawyers. is Tennessee’s most comprehensive free online resource on divorce and family law. Read answers to hundreds of FAQs and view videos explaining divorce, alimony, child custody, child support, and related strategies. Learn what to expect with divorce in Memphis, Germantown, and Collierville in Shelby County, Fayette County, and Tipton County.

#ForensicAccounting #Divorce #MilesMason

1 Comment

  1. thanks for the information it is very helpful at the moment. I have a question hope you can answer. A court order is provided for parties to provide financial disclosure, however financial disclosure is provided in part not in full, upon it being provided and scrutinized you find out that the statement highlight that there are other accounts that have not been disclosed and also that statements have been manipulated. Given this information how would you obtain outstanding disclosure in accordance to the order and ensure it’s accurate information? The concern being if you request what’s outstanding it may be manipulated so the concern you have is obtaining accurate information to ensure the person didn’t win the lotto as an example. A motion for enforcement from what I understand will not solve the issue as the records can still be manipulated, what can be done?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.