Top Las Vegas family law attorney discusses the distinction between divorce and separation.
More info at https://www.shouselaw.com/nv/family/legal-separation/ or call Las Vegas Defense Group for a FREE consultation at (702) 780-1910.
DIVORCE VERSUS SEPARATION IN NEVADA
Like divorced couples, legally separated couples may still have to deal with such issues as child custody, child support, alimony, and the distribution of property. But there are several benefits of going the legal separation route as opposed to divorce, including these five:
1) You get to remain on your spouse’s health insurance policy;
2) You remain entitled to your spouse’s social security and/or military survivor benefits;
3) You can file a joint tax return;
4) If your religion forbids divorce, you get to live separately without being excommunicated or otherwise ostracized from your religious community;
5) If there’s any hope of reconciling, being legally separated allows the couple to come together again without having to go through another wedding ceremony.
LAS VEGAS DEFENSE GROUP, L.L.C.
Our family law and divorce attorneys at Las Vegas Defense Group, L.L.C., represent clients all throughout Nevada including Las Vegas, Henderson, Washoe County, Reno, Carson City, Laughlin, Mesquite, Bunkerville, Moapa, Nye County, Elko, Pahrump, Searchlight, Moapa Valley, Goodsprings, Boulder City, North Las Vegas, Beatty, and Tonopah.
Our offices are located in Las Vegas and Reno:
2970 W. Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89102
200 S. Virginia St. 8th floor
Reno, NV 89501
Learn more at https://www.shouselaw.com/nevada/family. Or call 702-DEFENSE (702) 333-3673.