I-751 | Getting Divorced and Filing the I-751 Waiver

I-751 | Getting Divorced and Filing the I-751 Waiver

Over the years, we’ve been asked many times by conditional residents (those that have a 2 year conditional green card through marriage) – if my marriage is or has fallen apart, do I lose my green card? The good news is, it’s possible to keep your green card by filing a waiver that shows immigration that the marriage was real but it just didn’t work out. In today’s video, we will go through the documents and evidence you need to show your marriage was in good-faith.


Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/officialsimvisa
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/officialsimvisa
Website – https://simvisa.com/


Disclaimer: The information provided in this video is for informational purposes only. This should not be considered legal advice, nor does this content trigger the attorney-client relationship. The content covered in this video is not intended to nor constitutes a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. If you have any legal concerns, we highly recommend that you speak to an attorney.


  1. How does it work if you apply for waiver after 90 days? As your GC expires and you will be under removal…

  2. Good day, I been married for 9months , had my green card approved march2023 and still waiting for my physical card to delivered in mailbox. My husband will file or file divorce before my greencard delivered. And he told me he will cancel the greencard and send me back to my country. Is that possible?
    My questions is:

    Can he deport me to my country?
    Can he hold my greencard and not give it to me?

    At the moment I am trying and doing my best to save our marriage.

    I am sad that I failed our marriage… 😢

    I don’t know who to contact and seek help..as I have no work since I arrived here. (Not authorized to work without proper documents). I have no money to pay for someone who can help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.