Do you need help with your divorce or separation?
http://www.galbraithfamilylaw.com/divorce-options/ – visit here for more information!
10 Important Steps When Going Through a Divorce:
1. Take care of yourself – Make sure you are in good health, physically, mentally and spiritually. This means eating right, getting proper rest and seeking emotional council.
2. Safety – Ensure you are safe and your children are safe. Especially in cases involving domestic abuse.
3. Joint accounts – Make sure all your joint accounts, be it savings or credit, are being monitored. If you feel that there is a risk of your spouse abusing their access, have the accounts frozen.
4. Collect documents – Whether they may be useful or not, having an account of your financial documents, will be a great help to your lawyer.
5. Start thinking about your children – Take the time to consider the amount of time each parent will get with their children after the divorce. And, come to an agreement to shelter them from as much of the ugly side of divorce as possible.
6. Start thinking about household content – Think about which items you may want to keep and why. In the same token, start thinking about what items you are willing to part with.
7. Don’t fight, don’t seek revenge – If tension is rising, remove yourself from the situation.
8. Seek employment – If you have grown accustomed to living off your spouse’s earnings, figure out how you will become financially independent.
9. Educate yourself – Gain a better understanding of the decisions you may have to make in terms of your divorce.
10. Book a consultation with Galbraith Family Law.
About Galbraith Family Law:
At Galbraith Family Law, we have an excellent team of staff and lawyers to serve our clients’ interests.
“Team” has become a cliché in business-talk but, in our case, it best describes our corporate culture. We truly work together as a team to support our clients. Although each person has their own sphere of responsibilities, we help each other get the job done. There are no big egos getting in the way of serving our clients. We treat each other and our clients the way we would want to be treated.
Call us local | Barrie 705-302-1072 | Orillia 705-242-2854 | Newmarket 289-803-3327
Galbraith Family Law Professional Corporation
124 Dunlop Street West